Member Service Representative
||Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies, procedures and state and federal laws and regulations, provides product, service, account, and fee information to current and prospective members. Processes transactions and opens new accounts and loans. Responds to consumer questions and resolves routine to moderately complex problems. Assists Branch Supervisor in leading, motivating, training and coaching other staff members. Contributes to branch and organizational goals. Provides coverage to other branch locations as needed.
- Provide excellent member service in person, by phone and in all written correspondence.
- Performs teller and member service inquiries, transactions and account maintenance accurately and in accordance with established policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Serves as backup to Senior Teller and to Branch Supervisor in their respective absences.
- Recommends credit union products, services and promotions that best meet members' financial needs in support of credit union and branch cross-selling initiatives.
- Responsible for at least 60% of in-branch loan volume.
- Handles all branch matters within scope of authority, escalates issues as needed, and resolves and tracks member issues and open items until resolved.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all credit union products and services.
- Complies with applicable policies, procedures, and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Effectively communicates with management, coworkers and members.
- Observes internal controls, confidentiality and security of all Credit Union, member and employee information, and adheres to the highest level of business ethics and discretion.
- Is security conscious, takes pride in branch appearance and keeps work areas neat and clean.
- Supports a team-oriented environment in the workplace and represents the Credit Union, Board of Directors and Management in the best possible light at all times.
- Participates in job-related training and employee and departmental meetings as required.
- Assists in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Positive, motivated and adaptable person with initiative, aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, mature judgment and professionalism.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency, and basic math skills.
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong people skills, high level of confidentiality and customer service skills.
- Above average math skills and analytical/problem resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), web browsing, CRT, 10-key calculator and general office equipment. Cash counting and use computer equipment requires repetitive key strokes and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended time periods, lift up to 25 pounds, bend and stretch.
- Must be able to see, hear and use a telephone and read, write, speak and type English fluently. (Bilingual skills are helpful but not required.)
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; an Associate degree in a business related field and from an accredited university preferred.
- At least two years' of financial institution experience is preferred. (Credit Union experience is a plus.)
- Equivalent combination of education, skills, qualifications and experience will be considered.
- All applicants must have a clean criminal background and credit check.
Email your resume to Human Resources/Administration.
Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Work Place * Smoke-Free Work Place