Senior Teller - Posting #160526SRTLR
St. Petersburg Branch*
Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures and state and federal regulations, provides timely and courteous service to Credit Union members including, but not limited to: general account information, account transactions and maintenance and routine-to-complex problem resolution. Familiar with standard practices, concepts, practices and procedures within the financial industry field. Relies on experience and judgment to perform job functions and accomplish tasks and goals. Ensures the smooth operation, workflow and tasks of the teller area. Mentors other Tellers and assists the Branch Supervisor with their ongoing development and career progression.
*May be called upon to provide coverage to other branch locations as needed.
- Perform transactions, account maintenance and account inquiries accurately and with attention to detail after obtaining appropriate identification and signature verification.
- Processes a variety of financial transactions, ranging from routine to complex, involving cash, checks and negotiable instruments, and deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan payments.
- Cross sells credit union products and services that best meet members’ financial needs.
- Maintains teller area in terms of security and neatness.
- Responsible for ensuring that night depository, mail and/or ATM deposits are processed daily.
- Manages and balances teller drawer, vault cash and working supply of negotiable instruments daily.
- Orders and distributes negotiable instruments to branches and monitors access to the safe deposit box area (Largo office only).
- Ensures start-of-day and end-of-day paperwork is prepared daily.
- Exhausts all reasonable efforts to resolve out-of-balance situations promptly and as needed.
- Ensures confidentiality of all Credit Union, member and employee information and transactions.
- Attains and maintains a working knowledge of all credit union products and services, organizational policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations relating to credit union operations.
- Mentors/guides and trains tellers, alerting Branch Supervisor to performance and training needs.
- Supports a team oriented environment in the workplace and represents the Credit Union, Board of Directors, Management team and other employees in the best possible light at all times.
- Participates in job related training and employee meetings as required.
- Assists in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a positive, motivated and adaptable person with initiative, aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Must have above-average written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent prioritization, multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills required.
- Strong people skills, high level of confidentiality and customer service skills are critical.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and sound judgment are required.
- Above average math skills and analytical/problem resolution skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e.: Word, Excel, Outlook), web browsing, CRT, 10-key calculator and general office equipment required. Use of computer equipment requires repetitive key strokes.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 20 pounds, and bend or stretch.
- Must be able to see, hear and use a telephone, and read, write, speak and type English fluently (bilingual helpful).
- High school diploma, Technical Certificate or equivalent is required; an Associate’s degree in a business related field, from an accredited university, is preferred.
- At least three or more years’ of financial institution and cash handling experience is required.
- At least two years’ of supervisory background is desired.
- Credit union experience is a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education, skills, qualifications and experience will be considered.
- All applicants must have a clean criminal background and credit check.
||Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Human Resources/Administration.
Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Work Place * Smoke-Free Work Place